is an unofficial holiday which encourages couples to celebrate each other on this day. On this day, people are supposed to take time out of their busy schedule to show just how important their spouse is to them. After all, the love that isn’t tended is most likely the one that doesn’t thrive. This holiday shouldn’t be confused with Military Spouses Day – a holiday which falls on May 12th.
Interesting Facts About Marriage
- The average married couple has sex once a week
- 20% of married couples have a sex-less marriage
- It’s legal to marry someone who is dead in France
- Over 300 couples marry in Las Vegas every single day
- The 3rd year of marriage is usually the happiest for most couples
- Every hour, there are a 100 divorces in the United States
- Interracial marriage was banned in the U.S up until 1967 (Ironcially, it was a couple called Loving that brought this to an end. Loving v. Virginia, 388 U.S. 1, was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court that struck down laws banning interracial marriage as violations of the Equal Protection and Due Process Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution)
- Gamophobia is the fear of commitment
- Wedding rings go back to Ancient Egypt
How are you going to celebrate?