I needed a blog topic: Just Because Day provided both topic and a reason to celebrate.
Just Because Day should not be confused with Operation Just Cause– the US invasion of Panama Dec 20, 1989 – Jan 31, 1990.
In the late 1950s, Joseph J. Goodwin of Los Gatos, California created Just Because Day. It began as a family holiday and grew into an annual celebration across the United States.
Here is what I’m going to do today
- Go to the Barnes and Noble Cafe to buy and eat a salted caramel cookie
- Take a bag of clothes and books to Good Will
- Follow a country road I have never driven before
- Spend at least an hour reading or listening to one of the three library books I have checked out
- Do something nice for my husband
- Go shopping for something other than groceries or necessities–maybe even buy something.
What are you going to do today, just because?